A few years ago there was issues where the Emo amps would go into protection mode and shut down when driving various brands of 4ohm speakers. Emo blammed Axiom, saying their speaker was dipping to 1 ohm during various situations (movies, music), which is really a lame excuse.

At the time I owned their top of the line MPS-1, and it constantly shut down, during passages that were not even very loud. If an amp can't play a movie at reference, there is something wrong. After 2-3 replacement amp modules were sent, we could not resolve the issue, and Emo graciously returned all my money.

Others with Axiom m80's had similar issues, as well as other people on AVS with Rockets from AV123, and a few other brands of 4 ohm specs. Keep in mind the Axiom 80's only dip to around 4 ohm at a few frequency ranges, and much higher across most of the frequency range (more like a 6ohm speaker).

It is my understanding that the Emo amps over the last year have not had this problem, and do not include this limiter circuitry as in the older designs. I guess you would have to take your chances.

In regards to Outlaw, I have nothing but good things to say about them. I absolutely love my 7700. I do play my music fairly loud, and movies I play at reference level. Keep in mind my room is pretty large, 30ft x 31ft x 9ft. I am in the process of redesigning the area to be a more enclosed, dedicated room right now.

A few questions...how big is your room, how loud do you intend to play things. Are you using a receiver, or a pre-amp? If a receiver, have you considered trying it without an extra amp? Just curious, as most people are satisfied with the power of todays AVRs.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85