Originally Posted By: jakewash
Originally Posted By: bdpf
NOw, that you've had both the VP160 and VP180 in your room, would you say that the off-axis listening on the vP180 is much worst than the VP160?
Not much worse but I do remember The 180 not reaching to my off axis quite as well as the 160 does. Hopefully I will gtg with Bryan(icehawk27) and we can try the 2 at the same time.

I have flipped the 160 so the tweeter is on the bottom which also angles the drivers upward a little to see if this made any difference, I nor Mojo could notice any differences.

Something we did notice was that the VP160 had a little less sibilance than my v2 M80s when we were listening to Diana Krall in PLIIx, I will guess this is the v3 design changes which I must say now makes me want M80v3's; more money I don't have that I want to spend.

Maybe that slight increase in sibilance has more to do with the dual tweeter design of the M80s as opposed to the single tweeter in the VP160 and any differences now are a little more noticeable? Maybe I am incorrect here, but from what I have always understood from the guys at Axiom the difference between the V2 and V3 versions was in the smoothness in the mid range, not necessarily any noticeable change in tweeter configuration or sound of the highs.

Last edited by casey01; 12/30/11 04:10 AM.