A buddy of mine with more money than sense has a dedicated listening room for his two channel rig. Only one seat, just for him. He likes Scotch and cigars too, so he just sits there with his Scotch and cigar smoke listening to tunes. He recently moved from a set of Wilsons to a set of B&W's. I don't know the model numbers of each, but the Wilson's were ridiculously large, as well as ridiculous in appearance. They looked like that robot on lost in space back in the 70's. The B&W's look like a big assed giant eardrum in piano black. His electronics are a mix of things I do not recall but I know MacIntosh and Mark Levinson are in the mix, along with cables supported on little tri-pods that glow in the dark.

I was not all that impressed with either. Don't get me wrong, his set up sounds quite spectacular, but hell, I think mine does too! I just couldn't understand what the big deal was and why anyone in their right mind would spend that kind of money on a stereo system. Visions of a 430 Scuderia kept running through my head.

But that's what trips his trigger, and he's got the money, so I'm happy for him. I still give him crap about it whenever I can, but I don't think him a fool either, he just has different priorities than I do. He gives me crap about spending the money I do on wine....

I'll keep my Axioms and drive a Scud, other than spending that kind of money on high end audio gear any day......well, if I actually HAD that kind of money to blow that is.