My little integrated tube amp arrived from Hong Kong today, it was well packaged and got an unexpected bonus, the ebay seller marked it as gift so there were no extra duty charges. He did indicate that he would mark it as a gift in his ebay ad but I guess I never noticed.

This is my first tube amp so I was a little surprised that there were no instructions of any kind included, however it is pretty straight forward. The tubes came in a neatly packaged box and were numbered to match the amp.

I remember reading somewhere that it isn't a good idea to touch the tubes with bare hands due to leaving any kind of residue so went to the kitchen to grab a tea towel and installed the tubes. Was going through a little apprehension here as they were quite stiff to install. Connected the new Axiom M3s and a new LG BD player that I purchased to use as a CDP - plugged in the amp and crossed my fingers whistle

Loaded in a Harry Chapin CD and everything works, the sound was nice and clean there didn't seem to be anything abnormal so I turned down the volume and left the room to let the amp burn in for a couple of hours.

When I returned I loaded up some Billy Joel and crawled into bed it was 1pm (remember I work nights) the bedroom system sounds great, I thought as I drifted off to sleep...

Last edited by lucv13; 02/02/12 04:26 AM.