One guy was supposed to get back to me tonight, but didn't... He is good friends (or at least poker buddies) with the guy who sits next to me at work, so I am guessing I will get it tomorrow. The other guy is getting me a quote tomorrow as well.

One guy came in and was done getting the info he needed in about 10 minutes, the other guy took about 25 minutes. Different methods I guess.

I saw some numbers online of $0.25 - $0.40 per sqft to mud/tape/texture. I've got about 4000 sqft of drywall exposed (actually less once taking out all of the cut scraps), more drywall than that went up, but about 19 sheets (4x12) in the home theater are covered up by another layer of drywall... So, at $0.40, that comes to about $1600. Now, I've got a good amount of corners, so the price will be higher, but I don't know by how much.

One of the drywall guys is bidding this out from his own drywall business, the other guy works for a drywall company during the day, and is doing this as a side job (cash). Both have been around for a long time, and both came recommended by people that either my wife or I know and had drywall finishing done by them.

I will report back on that tomorrow.

So, I started getting a little crazy with the Green Glue. I was expecting to have about 1/3 - 1/2 of a bucket left over (still cheaper than getting tubes), so I was adding it on kind of thick... Now I am starting to run low. I will make it fine, but just barely.

Oh, and the "just need to hang drywall on these easy soffits" idea was dumb. They were a pain because they still required the lift, and they still required working above my head. I made some good progress, but it still sucked. I am also getting low on 18" or wider 5/8" thick drywall pieces for the bottom of the soffits. I might need to get creative, or if I have to, I will just need to get another 4x8 sheet and be done with it. Of course, that means getting the minivan from my daughter (the only vehicle she is allowed to drive due to her "great" driving record) and she needs to drive across town tomorrow night. Maybe I will have to come home from work early and snag it quick.

Farewell - June 4, 2020