Thanks for the info. I have the EP500 manual that came with the sub, and one that I downloaded off the site later in the year, and each is worded differently regarding the crossover setting. I did find the answer to my badly worded second question in an online article called The Denon to English Dictionary. It states that the LFE setting in the Manual Speaker Menu is incorrectly labeled and should read, LPF (low-pass filter), which is what I've been hunting for in the 3808's owner's manual. Audyssey recommends setting this to 120Hz.

Now the only thing I'm still having trouble with is getting the subwoofer's distance setting correct. I get a distance of 26 feet and the channel level is always getting set to -10 to -13.5db's. I've reduced the EP500's volume setting on the back of the cabinet, but that just seems to increase the negative decibels in the channel level menu. These articles on Audyssey say try and disable the LPF in the sub, but I don't think that feature is available in the EP500v2.

These tweaks are getting me such a superior sound then what I'm used to, it's almost like I've just bought a whole new system.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." Al Swearengen