I know, I know, I have the slowest basement renovation of anyone in the universe. I'm curious if any of you have had experience digging a basement deeper to add height. I know the low ceilings (probably only around 6 1/2 feet high after the suspended ceilings are in) are going to bug me, so I figured I'd better at least look into getting some more height down there.

My dad wants to eventually be able to rent out the basement as a separate living space from the ground floor. I thought he said there wasn't a minimum height requirement, but that's something I should make him double-check, I think. If we need more height to satisfy a local code, then we'd need to dig the whole basement deeper. If the height isn't an issue, then I'd be satisfied only digging deeper for the theater. I'm just wondering how much of an ordeal it would be. We'd have to hire someone with some real knowledge to oversee, but I'd have no problem doing a ton of the hauling out of the dirt and what not. I was hoping someone here might have actually done it at some point and could offer a little guidance up-front.

I'm really going to try to push to have the basement ready for my invasion by Summer. The new Axiom speakers are going to want a bigger, nicer room to play in, I think.