The damaged items look like it id due to packaging, not shipping. Even though the one box was damaged, and damages on the inside were in a different location and so forth. Refusing the shipment would have meant refusing all 8 chairs and then rolling the dice on the next set of 8 chairs too. The list of items are basically 4 seat backs have hard creases in the material on the back. 3 of those creases are on the "flap" that velcros on to the seat bottom. Not a huge deal, but still. The creases were caused by them not laying the material in the box flat before closing it up and stacking them on top of each other. The other seat back has a crease at the top of the padding, very noticeable, and the stitching is messed up. Sort of like they stitched it, pulled out the stitching and tried again. VERY ugly.
The cupholder has a crack/hole in the visible rim, it needs replaced.
The seats have small wear marks on the burgundy material on the front and/or rear feet. If they were in the back row (maybe even the front row), they wouldn't be seem normally. These seem to have gotten worn in shipping. There is also a 2 inch long tear on one of those seats, but it is where the side of that seat joins another and will NEVER be seen once installed. That same seat also has a cracked plastic foot. Probably never seen, and probably will never be an issue, but again....

At a minimum, I MUST have the one seat back with the bad stitching and crease at the top replaced and the cupholder. The other items I can deal with as long as they compensate me either with money back or with something like an upgrade to stainless steel cupholders or something since I will have steel colors in the room as well.

For the price, we will be happy in the end, but getting there is another story.

Now to go plan out my riser while my wonderful wife paints the theater walls.

Farewell - June 4, 2020