Hello everyone,

This is my first Axiom purchase. In fact this is my first "high-end" speaker purchase ever. I just bought a Yamaha Aventage AVR, and while it brought out more detail then I'd ever heard in my music/TV, my current speakers sounded very harsh on the highs, to the point of almost distortion/shrillness (I ended up disconnecting the tweeters it was bugging me so bad shocked )

The odd thing is my old Onkyo AVR didn't sound that harsh, but then again the sound wasn't as detailed. So, to make a long story short, I decided to upgrade they speakers hoping they will not sound so shrill and save me from having to return my expensive AVR. (My current speakers I bought from a thrift store when I was 17 for $100, they are Linear Phase Studio Monitors, probably not high-end by any stretch of the imagination, but they've been decent for all these years)

Out of curiosity, since others here are undoubtedly more experienced with Axioms speakers, has anyone ever experienced shrillness with cheaper speakers that were fixed by better ones? Thanks!

Last edited by trs79; 03/21/12 07:37 PM.