I am not familiar with Starr's book, the Social Transformation of American Medicine. Social Transformation ... that's the problem. We have a capitalistic system. Free enterprise. Free.

I am not aware of anyone who has died because they have been denied medical care in this country. Most Americans have health care. After 65 we have Medicare. Those without have Medicaid. Obama has taken a HALF TRILLION DOLLARS from the Medicare system and transferred it to Medicaid. He has gutted Medicare.

The solution to the problem of uninsured American citizens is not to destroy our health care system. Certainly, as Obama's policies stabilize the real unemployment rate at about 17% (U6), more and more workers will lose their health insurance.

The failure of Obama's economic policies are the great driver for Obamacare. One failure will lead to another.

There is a lot of waste in our system. Doctors practice liability protective medicine, ordering every test to avoid legal liability in the event of a lawsuit. Having litigated such suits, I know the truth of this. However, contrary to what Obama has told us, doctors do not perform unnecessary amputations just to make a dime.

If you socialize health care, you have socialized the economy at the cost of liberty. Ultimately, you'd end up with a health care system which operates with all the grace and efficiency of any governmental agency, that is to say, a lousy health care system for all, and a loss of our liberty.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.