Originally Posted By: nickbuol
We can keep following this trail back to unemployed people, increasing costs for consumables (food, gas, housing, etc) and more lower income families can't afford it, plus the estimated 11.2 Million illegal immigrants, 8 Million of which are also working here illegally (mot paying taxes, or for healthcare) thus increasing both the healthcare problem, but also the general taxation problem. I know that I would love to get paid cash and not pay taxes.

Nick, illegal immigrants do pay taxes.. They pretty much all pay sales tax, if we were truly worried about this "cost" issue, why not fund health care through sales tax, like they do in England? This ensures that EVERYONE will pay, even turists. Unless there is a VERY sizable black market, it is inevitable that you will get 100% participation in funding. The problem with this idea, is that it is a regressive tax...

There are also sizable numbers of illegal immigrants who have
social security numbers.

If the fundamental structure of our tax laws were changed. Then this financial incentive to come to the U.S. illegally could be diminished... if there was a 20-25% national sales tax, and citizens got a quarterly refund, depending on income... Well, if you wanted to come here illegally and pay through the nose for the cost of living.. Why not!?

But, i think we can agree that there will be not sweeping change in the Tax, laws.. Heck, congress hasn't even passed a freaking budget in the last what, 3 years?