Originally Posted By: jakewash
Casey, Shaw Cable has moved up to 1080P for their HD, I am not sure if this 1080P is just for movies with their on demand stuff as I suspect or if they are in fact upscaling their signal of HDTV to 1080P as well, haven't spent much time investigating the situation. I know the networks are broadcasting in 720P or 1080i depending on the network.

I don't think I have ever noticed an extra gap when listening to music streamed through the 3808, but I seldom listen to entire cd's, I usually just play all tracks and let them come as they may.

I checked out Shaw's service, their advertising this "EXO" stuff quite a bit, their regional HO is just across the highway from my house. Rogers has got the equivalent on cable with their new service and STB. I suppose Shaw can advertise 1080p capability all they want but I have yet to see any programming ever or for the foreseeable that is transmitting in 1080p. Just takes too much more bandwidth and these service providers would rather add extra channels than add that extra resolution.

I have got the latest Cisco(formerly Scientific Atlanta) STB and still have intermittent problems on programming when connected via HDMI so, as I mentioned, as of now and with no real difference in picture and sound quality connected via component and coax for audio, I have dispensed with using the HDMI connection out of the STB only. Every other source through my AVR connected via HDMI is fine.