Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Here in California we have grade school text books which indoctrinate children, 1st, 2nd 3rd graders about families with 2 moms or two dads.

That's the thing with the passing on of information. If you do not object to the material or the way it's being taught, you call it education. If you take issue with it, you call it indoctrination. Public school has always been an interesting mix of education and indoctrination. I'm in favor of exposing children to the realities of gay families. It can contribute to a reduced rate of bullying and prejudice, making the lives of gay kids that much less difficult. Statistics show that kids can be downright cruel -- to the point of killing and/or driving others to suicide -- to people they perceive as too unlike them.

Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
When I was a kid, neither I nor my peers wanted to think about their parents kissing. Eeeuuw. But now, adopted kids will have to deal with dad kissing dad, schmuck smoking, mom and mom?

I'm touched that you care, but I really think you're projecting your own heebie-jeebies onto the children. Do you think gay parents care any less about keeping physical intimacy away from the eyes of their children? No. If they come from anywhere, negative perceptions will come from outside the home. This goes back to why I think educating children about all aspects of the current human condition in school is a good idea.