Survived the grad party and then graduation today. Tonight, with all of the family over, the guys (at least most of them) and my youngest daughter watched Inception. Great movie. I saw it once before when it first came out on blu-ray, and it was really enjoyable the 2nd time around. System did very well, both for the non-stop slideshow for the grad party (I used ProShow Producer for the first time. What a cool program, albeit pricey) and for the movie.

The biggest compliments I received were during the grad party. So many people talked about how they liked the room, but 3 people really made my day. One was the head of the high school band program (big school with a really outstanding music program) and the other was a true music prodigy/genius who is also graduating. The head of the band program talked about how great it sounded, and how it was much better than a system he had in his house. He used a local A/V company to design the room, and install/calibrate his system. Wow. Thank you. The prodigy went a little more in depth. He talked about how wonderful the frequency response was, how clear the system was, and the fidelity was outstanding. He talked about hearing frequencies that I knew only someone of his caliber could hear or appreciate (I know the stuff he was talking about I had never heard/noticed before). Holy crap. Thank you too.

I felt so accomplished. Like all of the hard work was paying off. This was also just from the slideshow that was using stereo audio for the background (mp3 at a pretty good sample rate), but the receiver was doing a DTS Neo setting to fill the room with sound, so there was a bunch of simulated sound, but still great.

And then I broke it. Audyssey had set the front speakers to 40 Hz cross-over (instead of 80), and during the slideshow, the surround sound was a bit loud, so I manually tweaked things after the party last night. I bumped up the crossover, and messed with some of the levels manually. Well, the viewing of Inception wasn't as great sonically tonight. Still very good, but I wasn't going to run the full setup again to fix my changes and delay the movie 30 minutes.

Maybe tomorrow night. wink

Farewell - June 4, 2020