Got my M3s yesterday & set them up today. I used an old pair of DIY stands that have been languishing in the garage for years. I painted them the same colour as the room trim so they blend in quite nicely - which is good as they are not that pretty, ha!

I used the Axiom brackets to attach them to the front of the post which made the stands a little unstable. I shimmed up the front of the base to tilt the post back slightly & that seems to have worked well. The M3s are bigger & heavier than I imagined but the bracket allowed me to point them up slightly & rotate them into the center of the room.

Being an ambiance type system, they are set up in a rather unconventional manner. They are in opposite corners about 30'apart. Sitting in the middle on the green couch, there are some interesting sonic effects. In one selection, drums that pass normally across the front stage seemed to pass overhead - cool!

Sonically, the M3v3s are absolutely marvelous. Smooth, clear with an amazing amount of bass response. It's quite astounding how much quality sound comes from those rather small boxes. I'm more than pleased.

I found only a small blemish (unnoticeable really) on the veneer that obviously came from the stock sheet that Axiom was supplied. Debbie in the factory was indeed correct when she told us that the inspection process of the cosmetics is brutal. I certainly wouldn't have noticed this minute flaw.

Some pics:

Left channel (as seen from the couch)

Left Channel again

Right Channel in opposite corner 30' away

TAM