So tonight I got the projector shutting off correctly via the Harmony One remote. I didn't add the DVR button yet though as I was busy finishing up another project.

The computer that was at the heart of my MAME arcade crapped out on me when we moved, and I finally got things rebuilt and running again. Slightly newer/faster hardware, and the best part is that it works. At least for the most part. I think that some of the ROMs on the old hard drive got corrupt as I was unable to play a few of the games that I used to love playing (Metal Slug, any version, were fun but don't work now).

I also fixed some wiring that got snagged and pulled loose during the move. So it should be good to go minus some of the ROMs. Some day I need to get updated anyway. I am on ROM set 0.128, and the current is 0.146... WAY out of date. It just has gotten so huge that people will sell you an external hard drive, and throw in the ROMs for "free", however they want $175 and up for the hard drive. They do come, usually, preconfigured with a LOT more than just MAME, but that is still a chunk. And even then, the front end (menu system) that people are using requires dual core CPU, at least 2 GB of RAM, and a powerful video card. Silly since MAME runs outstandingly well with 1 GB of RAM, a 5 year old single core CPU, and the most basic video card (because everything is emulated at the CPU level, not the GPU level).

I'm not ready to drop the cash right now when I have other things that are more important to me to spend my dollars on...

Anyway, here is a crummy picture of the area in progress. The doll house needs to move to some other place in the house. Not sure where yet. The foosball is in out family room. The air hockey and electronic darts are still in storage. Not sure if they will ever come out.

OH, the stuff under the pinball and doll house are the 2 other pachinko "Cells" that can be swapped into the machine on the wall. One is Star Wars and the other is Indiana Jones. The current one in there is called "Julie: The Pinball". Some goofy Japanese pop-star from the 60's and early 70's. Real name is Kenji Sawada Julie. Think Japanese Bee Gees sound... Goofy theme if you ask me, but a very "in demand" pachinko because of its playability and "fun factor"...

Farewell - June 4, 2020