Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I get tired just reading what everyone else does, ha1

I keep it very simple - I go for a 1/1.5 hour walk daily through our local nearby parks & forest, sometimes stopping to smell the roses & talk to our urban deer. No membership fees required.

After I experienced a long, steady rise in my blood sugar levels (Type 2 diabetes since 1980, based on my extensive net research since last December I've limited my daily carb intake to 100 grams or less per day. I supplement my calorie intake with increased protein & fats. From what I've been able ascertain from the net, fats are generally not a problem if carb intake is reduced to a reasonable level. My sugar levels now have dropped dramatically to almost normal levels.

If you are overweight, by limiting carbs to a reasonable level you will lose weight & keep it off (I do not have that problem). Furthermore, the long term benefits are that epidemic of diabetes in our society can be largely arrested.

Excessive carb intake - both from sugar intake & especially from refined grains - is largely the cause of obesity in North America.

BTW, I can only power lift a large mug of beer...

TAM

You are 100% correct in what you have stated here, others in this world could learn from what you have spoken here about. My wife is also afflicted by this disease and had to alter the way she eats, and exercises as well.

I know that large mug of beer you're lifting, must be full of Lite Beer... Right. confused

With out Jesus Christ there can be no Redemption or Salvation.