Originally Posted By: dakkon
Gary, Oppo is like the Rolls Royce... the next step is a cadalic/buick... there was a high end company that put a bd83 inside of their own case and sold it under their name... a 500$ player inside another companies shell being sold for 3,000ish$$..... Denon would be the next option, but in my opinion, i wouldn't bother with anyone elses product other than oppo... oppo designs/manufacturers the chips and everyone else buys their chips... who's gonna hae the best stuff first......?

Also, for 500$ the 103 is an expensive player, but i think they are finally getting to the point that the upgrade cycle will be longer... my BD83 has been a great machine and the main reason for my upgrade is netflix, as well as balanced connectivity... also the new chips will be nice as well....

As already mentioned, the company was "Lexicon" and I believe Audioholics exposed them for their dastardly deeds. They tried to sell everyone on the idea that they changed some of the innards and "upgraded" them, however, when a further investigation was made and the Lexicon was taken apart, they couldn't find any real meaningful difference in the internal layout. By the way, they wanted $3600 for it, probably, just because the Lexicon name was on the front panel.

If a so-called "high-end" company is using Oppo's products as its base design, one might as well buy the Oppo for a lot less money.

Last edited by casey01; 10/15/12 03:20 PM.