Howdy everyone, I have run into a classic conundrum and am looking for a little guidance. I've renovated my AV area and I am now getting ready to install my rear surrounds. As with everything online, there are so many conflicting views, I can't even begin to make a decision. In the end, I realize that experimentation will come into play, but I'd like to narrow things down some.

Here are the facts:

1) The listening position is only about a foot from the rear wall. (This will not change, as I have a wife who has made the ruling. Don't even suggest I try to change this. If you have a significant other, you know what I'm talking about!)

2) My rear speakers are Fluance AVBP2 Bipolar Surround Sound Satellite Speakers (until I can upgrade to the QS4's).

3) The room area is about 10 X 14, and is actually one side of a larger room, there is a delineation via a structural beam.

My plan is to install the speakers directly on the back wall about the typical height of 2-3 feet above ear level and about 6 feet apart.

I could also mount them high on the left wall and high on the right on the beam, and then aim at the listening position. I just won't have anything for the right side to reflect off of.

Questions:

Does this seem like a good starting point?

Should I be mounting the speakers to adjustable bracket mounts, or do bi-pole speakers not need the be aimed?

Please help my break the indecision!