I got back into vinyl about 6 months ago. I broke out my pioneer turntable from my youth (pl630) . Over time i upgraded the cartridge and the last one i bought was a grado reference series. I retired that table and bought a Music Hall MMF 7.1 that came with the mojo ( made by ortofon )cartridge. This is one quiet cartridge ,nary a tic or pop and the imaging and separation is first rate. I am also using a project tube box se II phono preamp . A lot of the new albums i have bought are pressed on 180 gram vinyl and often sold as 2 disc set giving more room to put the music on. Vinyl is something that is truly an enjoyable experience. The music hall uses projects carbon fiber arm so, the project tables are very favorably reviewed.
The VPI traveler is also a great American made entry level turntable that i had considered. Just don't forget to allow funds for a phono preamp , the ones built in to receivers these days are not the greatest.

BTW the guy i bought my TT from absolutely kills the prices that needle doctor charges. Mine came in 300 cheaper than needle doctor. Talk to wally at underwood hifi he will save you a lot of cash.

Last edited by Socketman; 01/07/13 01:34 AM.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry