Thanks for chiming in - I always feel lonely over there.

A short story from me. I bought a new, early production 2007 CUV from a large Asian auto manufacturer. Although I loved the vehicle's design & performance, unfortunately I found out on the net that I had predicable, multiple major mechanical problems coming down the road. Seems that it came to market a year too early. Although the local dealer took really good care of me, after 4 years of major repairs (all under warranty but majorly inconvenient) I'd had enough when I found that now timing chains were breaking. Hence I switched to my present trouble free CUV.

Unlike speakers that are rather unimportant in one's life (sorry Ian, ha!), a $40K vehicle that is one's main transportation is. Once I traded in the bad vehicle, I was through with its forums & all reference to it in my life. As a mature & pragmatic individual, I put out $20K that I hadn't intended to, licked my wounds & got on with my life. I wouldn't even think of frequenting the forums or the net for years to continually slag the other manufacturer, although I probably had ample justification to do so - certainly more than not liking a damn speaker. It's just not in me to initiate nor participate in this kind of vile, juvenile behavior.

I find it all quite tiresome, unnecessary & yes, despicable. It's an entertainment pastime for heaven's sake, not a religion...

TAM