That is kind of the idea, you are making your speakers better by installing brand X crossover (or whatever upgrade)and hopefully achieving the perfect, or at least better sound for less than the next actual "better" speaker ie. I can't afford Paradigm S8's but I could afford $1000 upgrade to my M80s if they gave me nearly the same sound. Kind of like adding performance parts to a car, yes they make a difference, but is it actually better? If it measured better on the dyno then it must be better (ok, not quite the same but hopefully you get the idea). Those crossovers I tried measured better on the graphs but to MY ears they were not better, just different.

Going back to the performance parts, why put them on, why not just buy a better performing car? People like to play and tweak. People like/need to make money, other people marry these things together and produce various products for others to spend money on so they can tweak, not all products out there actually improve performance, as they say..... buyer beware.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70