I just picked up a Denon AVR-1082 for free from an uncle that had moved on to a Bose setup. I know that this is an old, discontinued receiver that doesn't have the latest connectivity (multiple HDMI ins/outs) or support the latest audio and video processing (Audyssey, 3D, 4k upscaling, etc).

My question is is this still a decent receiver within its old-tech limitations? If I hooked this up to a decent set of speakers for a 2 or 2.1 setup for music only, how would it compare, sonically, to newer receivers with newer tech? Is it worth hanging onto or should it be discarded?

I have an Onkyo 818 hooked up to my LCD while I wait on my M60s to arrive, so I don't have any need for this old Denon. I would hate to just get rid of it as I'm a pack rat by nature, but I don't know what it's worth to sell to somebody else. I don't want to just give it away, but it surely must still have some use for someone somewhere. If this dinosaur could find its way into a living room instead of a landfill, it would make me happy.

Last edited by Artisan; 01/14/13 05:17 PM.