Hi Allen,

I hope you are as happy as I am with the Yamaha 2400, M60s, VP150, and QS8s. I also have a 65" Mitsubishi. My sub is a Velodyne DLS4000. My room is 18 x 15 and listening position 15' from the fronts.

The Yamaha has 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, configurations and outputs for Front "Presennce" speakers. I guess that makes 9.1 if you have enough speakers and wire.

There is a direct mode for the 2400. There is no separate sub output in direct mode. I think they want you to use the crossover in the sub.

There is also a "2 channel stereo" mode. I believe this uses the 2400 DSP, but it gives outputs to the 2 fronts and an output to the sub. The crossover is done electronically in the 2400. It is wonderful, and it is probably what you will use becuase the 2400 YPAO will equalize the frequency response of each speaker, set relative delays, and relative levels of each speaker, automatically. Uses a mic. which plugs into the 2400. It also gives you a chance to switch between direct and 2 channel mode so you can find out how fantasticly low your M60s go even relative to M60s with a sub.

I guess you can tell I would recommend the 2400 and M60s. The movie and music experience is pretty fantastic.