+1

Jack & I have been URC fans (and advocates) for years. The Harmony remotes are pretty good. The URC remotes take you to a another level with power, features, flexibility and the ability to program macros.

Example, I have a Denon 3808. The Harmony will allow me to add a Denon receiver. With the URC MX-900, I have set up individual devices as follows: Receiver, AM Radio, FM Radio and Internet Radio.

In addition, I have added a device named Speakers. Inside that device I have the individual commands to raise and lower volume by speaker, including the subwoofer. (.5 db increments) For example, front right would be FR+ and FR-. Really simplifies the whole calibration exercise by having the individual commands right there rather than buried in a menu somwhere. Also - I have added SUB+ and SUB- commands to each of these devices - Satellite, BD DVD, AppleTV, PS3, CD and Reg DVD. That way I can adjust the sub on the fly without leaving the device. These examples only scratch the surface for things that the Harmony can't do.

I now have two MX-900s which replaced two MX-850s which replaced two MX-700s...... you get the idea. (Boy, that was dangerously JP-like).

The website Remote Central is an outstanding support resource, including a robust library of discreet commands to use for programming.

Pretty nice to open a piece of software (regularly updated) on your PC and program your remote to the extent the URC allows.

Just sayin'