Screw this "listening to music" and "watching movies" stuff; I'm going to go read Pioneer manuals and press releases for a hobby now.

Greg, I don't know what you're arguing, either. Everyone is absolutely delighted that you've had a great personal experience with the Pioneer receiver and your M80's. I like to hear happy stories. I think we can learn a lot from each other's experiences.

I just disagree with the premise that a current marketplace dearth of "receivers rated at 4 ohms" is a barrier to people buying M80's.

First, I don't necessarily agree that "most" receivers aren't rated at 4 ohms. I haven't done the research. I don't have the data. Second, I definitely don't think that particular rating matters. Virtually any big-name, mass market receiver is going to drive M80's (and nearly any other speaker) to unsafe volume levels in a normal-sized room. Third, I don't know how you could reasonably project that a significant number of prospective M80 owners share your preoccupation with that particular rating. Finally, at least some M80 buyers are going to already be committed to separate amplification rather than restricting themselves to using only a receiver.

So, I guess we're down to you saying "this 4 ohm rating really matters a lot" and several other folks saying "this 4 ohm rating thing really doesn't matter very much".

I do sincerely hope you enjoy your system. I'll bet it sounds really wonderful.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem