Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople

On a whole (from the lense of having a disability), I wait for the day that when someone with an exceptionality does something that's otherwise considered normal activity, isn't considered exceptional.

It's funny you said that Cam because I just saw that very thing happen.

Like when I first started learning about home audio, I've been hanging around sailing web boards since I took up that activity again last year. Recently on the two boards that I frequent, I saw several posts and an article about the loss of a well known sailor in the Hobie Cat world. John Ross-Duggan. His boat capsized hard enough to snap his mast and he was trapped underneath. He drowned before his crew could rescue him.

I think that I read at least three or four threads on one board before finally reading a brief article written by the Hobie Forum administrator that explained that he was a Quadriplegic.

This tells me that, at least to his peers, he was a friend and fellow sailor first.

TO be fair though, I think it would not have been doing him justice if the more 'official' announcement didn't mention his disability. It does represent a level of courage that should be commended. However, I thought it was cool that I read a bunch of other peoples remarks that simply just mourned a colleagues passing.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.