I don't know how the Marantz user interface works but my Denon's is totally user hostile. It can drive you nuts. What happens is the menu items on the various pages change depending on the source input being played or was last played. So for example, if the last movie I played had DTSMA audio I would see specific settings. If I next play 2 channel music, all the menu settings totally change.

I can't tell you how many times I navigated every single page of every single setting looking for something I could swear I saw yesterday and not be able to find. It's infuriating. I am in the software business and I can tell you the design of the UI sucks big time.

Ultimately what I need to do whenever I want to make a change is playback a movie of every audio type and music type (2/5.1 ch) and adjust the settings for every source in order to make the changes stick. The only saving grace for the design is the Quick Select feature which will saves/recalls most settings, I have one setup for movie playback and another for music.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.