interesting. I just got home a couple hours ago from work and I'm still playing with it to make sure I've covered all my bases.

I haven't switched speakers around yet.

But a few things I've noticed...

1. I've only been able to recreate the bad distorting sound on the rear and center channels with some blu ray material(the dark knight, the dark knight rises and james bond: skyfall). Only when I try to turn it up very loud and only on loud action scenes.

2. I can't recreate the sound on downloaded material on my ps3. I have a bunch of hi def downloads(upwards of 10gb a file or more) and non hi def alike. I tested a bunch of movies (ratoutille, avatar, Prometheus, war of the worlds) and on all my only "options" the Marantz gives is "stereo, multi channel in, extended stereo, virtual, direct". The multi channel in sounds really good. Sounds like good, clean proper surround sound to me(then again, I'm new to this). Anyway, I cranked it on some of the louder scenes and can't recreate the sound.

So, on that note, so far it's only when I play a blu ray source. My most high quality source sounds the worst lol go figure.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57