Most of the CD's I buy now days are from...eeek. walmart.. or similar. My music tastes are more mainstream than not but the selection in stores these days is lacking no doubt about it. I used to have some great music stores nearby that sold used cd's and had a excellent selection that I also utilized.

If it is something which I only want one or two tracks I'll just get it off amazon downloads. Amazon does not feel the need to tell me how I should use my product the way apple does and it is also so much easier than itunes, which quite frankly is probably the worst and most frustrating program I have ever used... Much like everything else apple creates.

Recently I acquired a USB DAC capable of all types of High Res formats including DSD so I may start to change my music purchasing habits if the small high res niche takes off. Not much for music selection I am interested in at the moment. Prices are also an issue with the average high res download at $25+ per album.

I do also still much prefer to buy an actual hard copy of something rather than just a download. I feel pretty cheated paying the same amount for a downloaded album as the actual disc.

Last edited by Haoleb; 05/26/13 06:46 AM.