He told me that his Axioms shipped yesterday. I told him that if they show up tomorrow that I would like to see them so that I have a visual in my head of physical size, etc. We'll see...

We spent a few hours last night trying to wiring things up. I swear I should have just bought everything and done it myself and had him pay me for materials. He bought 1/2" ID blue Smurf tube and wanted to put three sets of 14 gauge wire with extra outside sheathing AND a wire for an IR repeater though that stuff. WAY too small, and I told him that ahead of time that if he was getting smurf tube to go at least 3/4" ID and get the wire without the extra sheathing.

Needless to say, the most that we could get through was 2 sets of wires and the wire for the IR repeater. The 3rd set wouldn't go at all.

So after some choice words on his part, we left (it was also starting to get too dark in the basement to work since there is no live electrical yet), and he went to the closest home improvement store and bought some larger Smurf tube just for the section that needed the 3 sets of speaker wire and the one IR repeater wire. He is playing sick this afternoon and going to get that run.

Then he needs to run the Smurf tube to the side and rear surrounds. The 1/2" ID stuff should work since the most he will put in is 2 sets in each tube (side surrounds paired up and rear surrounds paired up).

He also found out that his hard conduit for his HDMI for the projector was too small for the cable to make any bends.

Poor guy. I told him to use the big stuff because it is hidden anyway and the increased cost was minimal. I guess he forgot.

Here is what I meant by the wire had an extra layer of sheathing that added just too much bulk.

Farewell - June 4, 2020