So I bought 2 things today (sort of 2 things)...

The 1 gallon size Bondo...
And an orbital sander.

I had an "orbital palm sander" that you can use cut square pieces of sandpaper, but it isn't aggressive enough. The round orbital sander is MUCH better.

I sanded two big sides and the top smooth tonight, but the other two sides had Bondo that was not mixed with enough hardening agent. I was trying to do a full 30" x 17" side with one "batch" of mixed Bondo, and it kept getting hard before I had it applied, so I used less hardener. Found out that is a big no-no. It was never going to harden. I mean, it felt hard, but was tacky to the touch and easily dinged with a finger nail.

So I scraped those sides off and started over. I used 3 "batches" per side and it and made sure that it was nice and "salmon" colored.

There will still be another round of Bondo when these get sanded, but it will be for a few spots where there was a chunk on the Bondo putty "blade", etc. Those will be a lot easier. Then another sanding. Then I am going to go over it with Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty for the fine pin holes. Light sand that, and I am ready to prime.

We are doing "summer hours" at work, so that means I should be home around 1:45 pm Friday to give myself a good 3.5 hour jump start. My goal is to be pretty much ready to prime by Saturday, however I know better and it will be at least Sunday. :-)

Farewell - June 4, 2020