Originally Posted By: PatCase
Don't know why I did it but, last night in an idle moment, I took a look at the outlandish comments about Axiom on the Audioholics site. Unfortunately, the only thing that I succeeded in doing is raising my blood pressure. It seems that Gene an others at Audioholics are at it again. This time their vitriol is being poured onto an apparent alliance between Axiom and storied Canadian hifi manufacturer, Bryston. According to the information on the Audioholics site, using Axiom hardware, Axiom and Bryston are producing a suite of speakers at premium prices. The discussion goes downhill from there. For pages and pages, Gene and others heap scorn onto Axiom and the quality of its gear. They dump on on the Bryston brand saying that it is selling substandard Axiom equipment to the public. I raise all of this because I cannot imagine that the unsupported allegations on the Audioholics site can be doing much good to either Axiom or Bryston. Frankly, it's all pretty distressing.

Not to rehash an old and tired subject again, but, one has to remember what started all this. Anyone that has followed this nonsense understands the total hypocrisy on the part of the principles at Audioholics when on at least two occasions, I can't remember whether it was Gene or another of his cronies, visited the Axiom facilities in Dwight personally at least twice including the thirtieth anniversary party followed up by two in depth articles raving about the Axiom manufacturing processes, testing and R & D. It was only until after Ian and Gene had a disagreement about the marketing of Axiom speakers on their website and the ultimate withdrawl of the Axiom advertising did the knives start to be thrown. Clearly Gene and his buddies don't take rejection too well and we all know the story about the fake threads.

It is not surprising that even when someone questions the way they do things there at Audioholics(testing, reviews) etc. they get their backs up pretty easily and respond in kind. None of this is really surprising. Credibility is non-existent with this group.