I appreciate the feedback, Tom!

Yeah, I don't have a specific exhaust hood picked out at this point. And chances are that I won't have those open shelves to the right of where it will be. If it's the upper cabinet above the base cabinet to the left of the range that you're wondering about being asymmetrical, I assume they made it narrower to account for the exhaust hood. Something I was reading online said to have the hood covering 3" to either side of the range. So for a normal 30" range, I'd be going with a 36" hood, which is also why I wouldn't have those open shelves to the right.

That's a good idea for a cabinet above the sink. I'll see if the dimensions work for that.

The colors aren't set in stone yet, and yeah, from that mock-up, it's not really working for me, either. I've liked the two-tone look, but I'm not sure which color to pair with the flat-sawn walnut veneer. I should try to get a sample of that ASAP. I wouldn't mind doing all of the doors/fronts in the same veneer from Semihandmade, but I thought I'd try for the two-tone to save a little bit of money, if I could make it look good.