Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Have fun, CV!

Thanks for the affirmation, Sean.

I really do appreciate all of your input, Tom! I decided to go with the less-than-optimal kitchen layout. I'm going to leave the refrigerator free-standing, not enclosed, and it will be on the other side of the stairwell entrance, across from the kitchen. That means it will slightly block the glass piece that fits into place there, but at least it gets it out of the way of the rest of the room.

I also decided to extend the wall that the equipment closet is on by a couple of feet. As it is now, the equipment closet is the last section of wall, meaning there's no place on that wall to mount the left surround. Adding just two more feet (or maybe I can get away with increasing it to 32") of wall there will give me space to mount without obstructing the bedroom or bathroom entrances. Not a lot of leeway for placement of the surround channel, but hopefully it will work out decently. It also places the surround a little bit forward of the support post, so the interaction should be minimal. If it turns out I want to play with more placement options, I'll utilize ceiling mounts, which I do have laying around because that's how I originally thought I would be mounting all of my surround speakers.

Anyway, I think the refrigerator being by the stairwell and the extended left wall are the best I can do for acoustics.