The other night we held our annual BC Days Fireworks Party where we had a bunch of people over to watch the spectacle over our harbour.

After most had departed, a good friend with whom I'd flown with over the years began talking audio stuff. He is an outstanding, meticulous & fastidious individual (but thankfully in a very low keyed manner) who spends his money on rather nice gear whether audio or photography. His audio stable includes - Bryston 3B SST amp, Bryston BP-25 MC pre-amp, Magnum DynaLab MD-100 fm tuner, Linn Sondek LP12 turntable & Paradigm Studio Reference speakers - so it is pretty decent stuff.

He was about to leave as it was getting late but I cajoled him into listening to just one track of Spyro Gyra's SACD 'Good to Go-Go' on my Tubes/SACD/M2s/EP400s audio system. Well, our short 1 track listening session turned into about 5 over the next half hour. Considering that he really wanted to go home, I believe that he was most intrigued with the performance of my simple, diminutive system & the outstanding quality of this TELARC recording. Interesting, as he had never heard of Axiom.

All in all, I think that I've made some pretty wise choices building this system. Makes me happy anyway...

TAM