Yeah, but you've never seen/heard me drum....

OK, at this point this kid is way better than me. I only get time to jam about an hour a month tops any more.

I went to school way back when with a kid that was a child prodogy on drums/percussion like this kid. He was just fun to watch. He started taking lessons when he was 4, but I didn't know him then to know how good he would have been for comparisons. I only knew him come about 3rd grade, and even then other kids just knew that he was in a "band." The band just happened to be a local community band that played orchestra, jazz, blues, and some funk music. He was playing with thim at 7 or 8 years old as their primary percussionist and the only person under the age of 20 or something like that.

He has played with a ton of bands, mostly metal, but now does a lot of sound work and such on the producing side of things.

Even still, it is fun to see some of his videos online.

Not sure how much "better" he has gotten over the years as I remember him playing a lot like this back in high school, but this was a top result on YouTube when I did a quick search...

Micah Havertape - Drum Solo

Maybe we can turn this into a drumming thread.

(Oh, and yes... That Avery kid CAN play drums better than me.)

Farewell - June 4, 2020