A few initial impressions on the xbox one

1.). The tv interface is pretty slick but my wife isn't as convinced and doesn't plan on talking to the TV any time soon. "Xbox on" turn on my tv, receiver, and xbox. Whole family need to be on board and realize you now watch tv through xbox with xbox being on. You can then control DVR as usual. I like being able to say "watch espn" or whatever to flip back and forth between channels. Since my living room is open to my kitchen I could even switch between football games while getting food ready.

2.) the xbox TV guide is a nice feature. It has a channel guide that can be pulled up with voice commands, controller, or phone and then you can swipe through the guide and select channels with your phone or tablet using the smartglass app

3.). Battlefield 4 is fun and graphics are great. However, the servers were off and on yesterday and it is a PITA to join a game with a friend. Hope they fix it. The voice chat on xbox one is amazingly crystal clear, much better than the chat on ps4. The headset included with xbox one is better than the cheap in ear piece on ps4

4.). The cars on forza 5 look beautiful but the track scenery is just average. Sun lens flare is top notch though. The rumble in the triggers make the driving experience much more immersive. Going back to the ps4 to play need for speed feels odd.. The non rumbling gas and brake triggers suck after using the xbox one controller.

5. The GUI will take some getting used to and is not as simple as the ps 4 interface.

Overall I feel like the xbox one is going to be a great gaming machine and entertainment hub. Like most published reviews I feel like some software updates will improve the overall system, improve voice commands, etc. I'm pleased with my purchase so far if I had to pick between xbox one and ps4 I'd have a hard time deciding.

-David