Originally Posted By: dakkon
I have a Marantz AV8801, and am trying to get an internet connection to it. I don't have any Cat 5 cable run to the Marantz’s location (i wish i did).. I bought an Airport Express thinking I could use it to get a network signal to my Marantz.. However, I am having an impossibly hard time getting the Marantz to have an internet connection..

I thought that the Airport Express would be a super simple way to get internet, does anyone have any thoughts?

I may give Marantz a call later this week, see if they are open.

Thanks.

Not sure if this would apply in your case, however, I am running a WiFi set-up throughout the house(LT, PC, Internet radio etc.)and since my router is on another floor away from my A/V system and it seems these AVR/Pre-Pros only do online functions via Ethernet connections, back awhile ago I bought a wireless bridge which I connect both my Yamaha Pre-Pro(CX-A5000) and Oppo BDP105 player which gives me full access to the online features and any downloads that are required. Saves trying to run any cable through the house and there is four Ethernet connections to the bridge. It just has to be configured through the co's website and your ready to go.