Yup. Don't get me wrong. For things that are what I call "crazy mixed in 7.1" you get GREAT spacial effects that have a massive sound field behind you. Those things are generally the DTS and Dolby "intros" in high def audio. Like the Dolby Bouncing Spheres Intro, you can hear every single ball independantly coming from behind and such, and of course the "All around you" whisper at the end is seamless with 4 QS8s.

So again, it isn't bad at all, but for regular mixed stuff like movies, the QS8s for rears tend to add more subtle effects than the sides. Maybe that is what they are supposed to be because I've "calibrated" both with the mic just at the front row seating positions as well as the front and back combined, and the end result seems the same from the front row. Maybe the back row is actually just getting too loud of an effect? Not sure.

Either way, I am very much happy with having 4 QS8s and won't be switching, but I will always wonder if a side by side comparison would have been nice.

Farewell - June 4, 2020