Originally Posted By: Socketman
I have some polk speakers in my car that have a center like you describe. I used my hot glue gun with 3m yellow glue stick and it seems fine since I fixed it 2 years ago.

This is interesting since most hot glue materials are meant for porous surfaces. Rarely would it stick to a plastic especially PP.
I would have to see more info on their yellow stick composition.

Quote:
My sub surround came delaminated from the main driver and I repaired it today using Lepage contact cement. With contact cement only a vey thin layer is required on each surface , I guess I will find out soon enough.

Material types are the key here. It is likely the surround is a rubber based material; very different from PP. I can see contact cement used in this instance for bonding these two materials.

Quote:
Drivers are designed to be a rigid as possible while remaining light weight. I would think there is less flex at the middle than at the outmost portion of the driver.

This was also my thinking and why a cyanoacrylate might work. Question is, for how long?
I don't want to repair again, not even in 10 years. There is another part to this story about a "t-nut" and the driver screws that can complicate things in regards to removing the driver for repair, without wanting another repair.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."