Were talking about Surround here...most everyone can easily place their Surrounds properly 2'-3' Feet above their listening positions.

Also since you don't know how far away I sit from my TV you have no idea what my proper L & R Channel separation for my system should be so don't assume.

I find it curious that a dedicated forum for the Quadrapole QS8's would have people who have bought the perfect Diffused Surround Sound Speakers and yet would argue against proper placement...

Your argument that nothings perfect acoustically is correct, however to further miss-align proper Sound Reproduction by changing the standards in which they were Recorded and Mixed does not improve the accuracy to which your trying to achieve.

If you use Direct Radiating Surround Speakers at Ear Level it will be incorrect...those are the hard FACTS not my opinion. To say otherwise is to say that the Sound Engineers across the world and at
Dobly, DTS & THX are all wrong.

Feel free to contact them directly if you feel they are wrong, as they give recommendations based on Acoustical Science and Recording/Mixing Standards not personal opinions.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/06/14 07:35 PM.

The Teacher is in: Trust but Verify