So are you saying that you Feel that your QS8's sound better to you when positioned lower to your ears because of your ignorance of how proper Surround Sound should be reproduced?

You do know that you can turn up the volume on speakers placed further from your ears right...

So in what world does placing your speakers incorrectly give a more positive outcome, can you give me an example of your improper placement so I can see what your doing wrong?

This reminds me a lot of proper Color Reproduction with HDTV's because most people watch sets that don't display tones correctly and when you give them a Calibrated display some people still like the prior. This is due to the Fact that they are accustomed to improper settings, much like what your referring to and trying to justify how their older tv looks more accurate, however this is just simple ignorance.

Dolby specifically states Surrounds to be placed 2'-3'Feet above the listener as does MK Loudspeakers which were the Standard for the Recording Studio's mixing sound...perhaps you should do more research. But i'm only stating the Facts here.

Also your incorrect because ALL surround speakers regardless of type ie Direct or Dispersed are required to be placed higher than the front soundstage, in no example shall they ever be Properly Placed at ear height.
The only exception to that rule would be SACD & DVD-Audio
but were discussing Movie Surround so that doesn't apply here.

Last edited by AlaskanAVGuy; 04/06/14 09:47 PM.

The Teacher is in: Trust but Verify