Originally Posted By: Socketman
Since the original manufacturer could not get those results I don't suspect any layman can.

A good point, although i don't think that a material created possibly decades ago is equivalent to newer formulations in the past 10 or 20 years in the adhesive industry. Even still, i could expect an eventual failure of that material after 10 or 20 years depending on the conditions. These speakers may have had occasional sun exposure (through windows) which i'm sure has accelerated the decay of the old resin.

Your speaker looks pretty good from the photo (you said that was 2 years ago?). Is that a pure PP cone or is it infused with material?
Just guessing by the 'honeycombed' look on it, i've seen similar drivers before and they were made of other fibers woven into the plastic.

Quote:
How about this looks interesting.

Yes it does actually but i would have to buy a glue gun.
The MSDS doesn't say much about the glue sticks other than having polymers and tackifiers.
http://www.gluegunsdirect.com/tecbond-263-12mm-polypropylene-glue-sticks?path=20_59_26

I think i'll look around for an elastomer type, maybe from the list i compiled previously and give that a go, once i can find a place that sells it.

Last edited by chesseroo; 04/07/14 08:31 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."