I recently picked up a set of M80.v4 speakers and coming from a pair of small bookshelf Energy C3 to the larger M80, I can't imagine someone saying they sound lacking.

I had posted on another forum section about CD/Albums that sound under-welming with the Axiom speakers. Some songs that once before to me were great, with the new better speakers now sound empty and lacking body. The problem for me is not the speakers, but simply the recording just isn't good enough. An adequate speaker can make anything sound pretty good. But hook up a great speaker and all the limitations and inadequacies of an inferior recording are displayed up front and center as the speaker re-produces what was recorded with crystal clarity. That was what I ran into.

So I ask, just for clarification. Does the speakers sound lacking with all music or just some? And the music that is lacking, does it sound just as lacking in your dedicated listening room?

Another option that you can try to get better sound might be to look into room acoustics? I have found that music tends to be more demanding on the room than a movie, so where a movie can overpower the room limitations.. music relies on subtleties that can easily get lost in a room that is acoustically not right.

Please don't take this as me pointing the finger at you, as I have never been in your room or know anything about how it is set up. Just offering some ideas to look into before ordering new equipment. I'd hate for you to buy new stuff only to find out it sounds the same as it's not the hardware but the room or recording that is causing the deficiency.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5