Originally Posted By: cohesion

This is an enjoyable thread! For those of us newer to the site, could you perhaps share how you came by your M3Tis? Was there an Axiom dealer in India at some time?

Unfortuntely, there was no Merlin magic involved in getting the M3Tis. Back in 2001, the market in India for audio enthusiast gear was still nascent and relegated to only the very rich as excise and duties were in excess of 50%.

I had no option but to rely on internet reviews of gear. I suddenly discovered that there were too many brands that were better than the ubiquitous Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer brands. Then a search on audioreview revealed some honest reviews. I finally found consistently good reviews for Paradigm and Mirage. I had zeroed in on the Paradigm Titan and was trying to get a friend to bring them in from the US. Then I found a few other reviews of the M3 comparing them to the Titan. Axiom was unknown in the market here and still is fairly unknown in India.

Seeing the glowing reviews for most Axiom speakers, I found the factory outlet offering discounts and free shipping to the US. Amie was exceptionally wonderful in our interactions and she was the first company representative who was actually willing to answer my questions patiently. The M3s cost a princely sum of $220 then from the factory outlet which was still a lot of money on the purchase power parity in India.

After begging a few friends to get these for me, I found one who was willing to. I paid for the speakers and Axiom shipped them to my friend in the US. He removed the packing, wound the speakers in some clothes and returned to Bangalore. I took a bus to his place and picked them up.

The rest is history. The current popular ones in India are Yamaha, Polk, Paradigm, B&W, Jamo and Wharfedale. There are a pair of Wilson Audio Puppy speakers somewhere in Hyderabad too.