What is the best advice for inwall speaker cables.

From an aesthetics perspective, it would be neater to run each and every cable terminating at a wall plate and leave the in wall cables only inside the walls.

From a sound perspective, every time you break the cable you are introducing another point of possible loss or interference. So you would be far better off running a single cable from the AMP directly to the speakers with no breaks in-between.

But what about future-proofing your install? It is smarter to run too much wire for future speakers than not enough. A face-plate looks nicer on the wall rather than a coil of wire hanging from the wall, that is long enough to reposition a speaker that you have not yet got or may never.

Does having those extra face plates degrade the signal path between the amp and the speaker by enough of a degree to effect the sound in an audible level or is it a theoretical on paper thing?

In my case, for my room, I am running 16 pairs of speaker wire through the wall. That is quite a bundle of wires to deal with at the amp/receiver end. Not all of them are going to be hooked up. A well labeled face plate panel would sure look nicer, but I am building for sound not looks.

Any opinions or experience in this matter is appreciated.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5