Craig;

I am one of those who read your subwoofer shootout and was quite impressed. Though I was rooting for the Hsu (as a Hsu owner), you validated the prevailing opinion that Hsu and SVS subs are both excellent, and I am still very happy with my Hsu despite the fact that SVS came out on top in your shootout.

If you are going to do a floorstander shootout, I would humbly suggest that you test the M60's. As an M60 owner, naturally I am somewhat biased toward that speaker, but there are other reasons to consider testing the M60. The M60's and M80's are reputed to have very similar sound, with the M80's playing somewhat louder and able to fill a larger room. The M80's are a 4 ohm load, and therefore not everybody's electronics can drive them. The M80's are reported to be much more finicky as regards placement, meaning that you might have to do several hours of experimentation with placement before starting the testing. I would also guess that the M60 is far and away the best selling floorstander in the Axiom line, so a review of the M60 would have more applicability to prospective customers.

Whatever you decide, I am sure it will be a very high quality shootout, and I will be looking forward to it.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"