Yeah, I do want to say to anyone following this thread, I am by no means saying that the QS8s that I have had for over 10 years are bad speakers. They are truly quite amazing. We just finished How to Train Your Dragon 2, I I liked the speaker changes enough to mess around with a few scenes from some other movies... Need For Speed, Gravity, Oblivion, and Star Trek: Into Darkness to name a few. Everything sounds really good.

Tomorrow I will start watching some scenes from some demo discs that focus on surround sound and try sitting in different seats. My fear is that if I sit in one of the seats closer to the speakers themselves that I will not like the volume of the speakers with their proximity, but I don't know yet.

I need to also see what happens if I hook up a pair of the QS8s as front wides with my Onkyo TX-NR709 and see if it will drive them with my current setup. I have read mixed things about if it is possible or not. The receiver has front height and front wide connections on the back, but I don't think that you can connect more than 7 speakers to it as the amp only handles 7. Maybe I will have to temporarily disconnect the rear surrounds and try the QS8s as front wides in a different type of 7.2 setup. Then I will experience what the wides will sound like. If I like the sound, then I will be keeping a pair of QS8s for down the road to fill that spot, if not I will sell the QS8s and my VP150 and get more M3s for Atmos down the road.

One thing that I really like about the M3s is that they can really handle a lot of frequency range (full range speakers are nice). The QS8s do a great job too, but I am glad that I went with M3s instead of M2s just for that slightly extra capability. It still seems a bit crazy though that I am using "front main" speakers for surround sound.

Great job Axiom with your products.

Farewell - June 4, 2020