Originally Posted By: INANE
I like that vanity a lot. My wife has asked me if we could have speakers in our bathroom, just been too lazy to do anything about it.

I like the vanity cabinet, too, but with the premium price paid for it, we were hoping for a better design. The drawers aren't full extension, we prefer the soft-close function on the IKEA cabinets, the wall-mounting hardware made for extra work, and we had to place spacers under the front of the sink portion so it would effectively drain. You'd think they would have had it slope to the drain to begin with.

Here's an image just to show we did something this weekend:

This is the range hood we spent more on than the stove/oven itself, and that's after it was discounted. Our ducting to the outside unfortunately has three 90-degree bends, and everything you read says to avoid any sharp bends. I guess we'll find out how effective it is. We really didn't have any other options, and that's what the outfit we hired figured out for us.

The bathroom is pretty much done, with just some caulking left to do, and then a couple more ceiling tiles to cut to fit. The washer and dryer may be problematic if we stick with normal ones. Does anyone have experience with the stacked or stackables? If I can get them under 71 inches, that would be great, but a little taller would work, too, if we pull it away from the wall a little more. Otherwise, we'll have a tight fit for opening the doors. It's doable, just tight. My dad had an extra dryer, which I planned on using, so we placed it there to find out how claustrophobic it makes it. In any case, if any of you can shed light on the stackables, I'm all ears.

Cleaned a little bit out, too, so it's slowly starting to resemble a habitable space.